Tuesday 7 January 2014

|| Happy (late) New Year || Resolutions ||


I've realised I never did my 'New Year' post last week, poor form Libby. However, here it is for all you lovely readers, admittedly 6 days late but better late than never right? I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas and new year and that you were all blessed with many gifts and that you well and truly stuffed yourself. Also, Happy New Year!

Now with 2014 gracing our guilty and spoilt bodies I felt it was time to really crack down on some certain things I had been saying I would do, but never got round to. I suppose by making them my New Years Resolutions or Things to Achieve in 2014 gives it a nice ring and that extra push I need - let's hope. 

1. TO BE HEALTHIER
Being healthy is something that I've always had an on-and-off relationship with. There are times when the idea of being healthy and looking sophisticticated with a cup of green tea and a goats-cheese salad and then doing some yoga and just being wonderful really appeals to me, however on the other side of the spectrum I am very fond of sitting in bed, stuffing my face with a pizza whilst watching Sex and the City. 
I've decided I want to break out of this rut - at least for a while. I want to start eating healthier and to be fit. I want that "glow" we are so frequently told about. I want that. My action plan to be healthier is: 1. cut out junk food ie. no snacking on crisps and chocolate, drink lots of water throughout the day and carry a waterbottle with me (my skin really needs it), eat plenty of fruit and vegetables. Also, practically live off herbal teas.

2. GET FIT (KIND OF)
Over the years I've had problems with joints which has resulted in not being able to participate in sport (which in all honesty has definitely not been a bad thing - I hate sport.) I, for a while, did yoga and I absolutely loved it, however when I finished school I never got back into it. I recently got a new yoga app which is absolutely wonderful! So therefore my plan is to do a yoga programme twice a week, three if I can manage it, and to at least try and get fit - oh dear.

3. TRY NOT TO STRESS
What with starting A Levels I can already feel the stress mounting and I have never been good at dealing with stress. However I plan on cracking down on this early to prevent me stressing and having a breakdown: early nights, sleep well, trying to get all my work done the night I get it and in my free-periods in college so not to have it piled up at the weekend, lots of little pampering ie. baths, cups of tea, reading etc.

4. READ LOTS OF BOOKS
Pretty self explanatory really...

5. BE HAPPY
Just generally be happy (cheesey I know.)  Have less negative comments about myself, and try not to put myself down so much. Compliment people when I apprieciate them, tell my family and friends more often that I love them, try not to get in arguments - apologise instead of furthering the argument.

What are all your resolutions for the new year?

I hope you all have a wonderful new year. Love and blessings to you all.





2 comments:

  1. these are great resolutions-especially the last one :) good luck achieving them!

    Little Blue Backpack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I hope I can maintain them well... fingers crossed!
      Libby

      Delete

© British Theory 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis