Sunday 17 November 2013

|| New Cosy Front Room Decor ||

After now living in our house for a year we had finally settled on what to do with the front room of the house. We originally had it as a dining room, but as it rarely got used (we just ate in the kitchen) it's now become a library come music room come living room without a tv. My dad likes to call it 'the library but generally my sister and I just call it 'the front room' - creative I know. After having the bookshelves and chairs in there for long enough, we thought it was time to finally paint it and finish it properly and after much deliberation on which colour, and which tone of colour and which brand would be best and all that sort of stressful but necessary planning we finally settled on Farrow & Ball's Brassica tone, a dark aged purple that it just wonderful.
My dad had recently painted the chest of drawers from a light blue which I, for the life of me, cannot remember to a lovely soft green colour called Pigeon, however leaving the wooden top of the drawers. We bought some door knobs from French Grey, (a fabulous interiors shop which I just want to buy everything every time I'm in there) purposefully getting mis-matched ones.

Me and my dad spent the day painting one wall of the room, me constantly saying 'oh it will only need one coat, I'm sure' and my dad saying the opposite. Obviously he was right because it did need two coats, as you can probably tell from the images below one coat was ever so slightly patchy. Whether that was to do with my painting or the paint underneath or just because it needed two coats I don't know, but what I do know is that once we did the two coats it looked absolutely fabulous! 
The colour is so rich and strong and makes the room so cosy and comforting, and the green chest of drawers compliments the purple so well it was as if they were meant to be.

The room is now wonderfully cosy and perfect for just sitting and reading with a cup of tea (my favourite thing to do), one of the guitars is also in there as is the piano and is now a wonderful place in which to have a mini-music-sesh. My mum also has her desk in the bay-window of the room, which unfortunately I didn't take a picture of, making the room a perfect study space (also meaning you can people-watch perfectly well.)




|| THE FINAL OUTCOME ||






















4 comments:

  1. Libs it looks so cosy!! Love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is lovely and cosy I have to say…
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi fellow brit! :) absolutely love this. Your blog is so inspiring. Keep it up xX

    ReplyDelete

© British Theory 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis