Wednesday 23 October 2013

|| Autumn Colour Flash ||


Autumn in finally here (yes, the post is a little belated I know…)
Autumn has always been my most favoured season, sprouting obviously from my birthday being in autumn making it my most favoured season as a child. However, as I’ve got older I’ve begun to appreciate in a much different way (obviously still loving the birthday bit.) There’s something ever so special about autumn and there’s so much that creates this ever so special time of the year, something so warming and nostalgic.
Here’s a list of my personal favourites of autumn:
  • The colours
  • The weather
  • The food
  • Halloween
  • My birthday (of course)
  • Bonfire night
  • Fireworks
  • The fashion
The autumnal colours are my favourite colours, and my wardrobe is best suited to the colder weather that autumn brings and I tend to either wear dark colours or the complete polar opposite with bright rainbow-coloured clothing. The dark warm colours of red, brown, orange, purple, black and deep shades of green and blue are truly a personal favourite in my wardrobe.

The colours I have really been in favour of recently are purple and orange. Together. 
Together? I hear to question in utter confusion. Yes, together. There's something so magically about this seemingly wrong combination. The clash of the two colours somehow works, and rather  effectively I feel. I happen to own a lot of both these colours in various formats meaning that the combination of the two is quite easy for me personally. All the clothes in the pictures are relatively old, and none have been bought recently.








 The dress underneath I bought maaaany years ago for a fancy dinner at my school. I don't think I ever wore it in the end, but kept it because it was Ted Baker. I couldn't throw away my first ever designer dress? I've kept it in my wardrobe all these years knowing one day I would wear it again and it would once again be a treasured item. And I was right. I wore it a few times throughout this year, and wore it at a wedding this summer. But I re-found my love for it when I was deciding on an outfit to wear to college. I decided to team it with this jumper (which belonged to my sister, and the original purchase is unknown) and to my surprise it looked good. I really liked the contrast between the two colours and the small amount of purple in the jumper helped settle my nerves about the outfit.


This top I bought in a charity shop a while ago, and I automatically fell in love with it. I love the stripes running through it of the two tones of orange: the deep warm orange and the lighter cooler orange. It's rather large on me but I like that (I'm a fan of baggy oversized clothing) and it's also one of the comfiest things I own and I wear it with almost everything.


This was again bought in a charity shop and I've had for well over a year. I have loved it ever since I bought it, it's incredibly soft and the colour is gorgeous and goes with everything! I normally wear it buttoned-up over leggings, or unbuttoned over almost anything else. It's really light-weight but oddly warming when need be - fabulous.


This jacket. Well where to start? This jacket is probably my most treasured item of clothing and is definitely one of my favourite things I own. I bought it in one of my local shops; Willow (which is not only my favourite shop in the entire world, but also where I currently work.) It's originally from India, and is completely covered in patches of various colours, patterns and pictures and is dotted around with little silver circles. It is unbelievably soft and I just love it so so much. I can't really express my love for this jacket in all honestly.


These Topshop jeans actually belong to my sister but I frequently wear them. They're a really soft shade of purple which I just think is so pretty. The jeans themselves are actually really soft and incredibly comfortable.



I got this bag in Paris last summer and I've loved it ever since. The size and shape is incredibly handy meaning that I can use it not only as a handbag, but also as weekend-bag if needed. It's a deep plum purple with faded sections and a pretty embroidered pattern in yellow.


As you can see, my love for the purple-orange combination is not only found in my clothing but also on my bed-sheet...







0 comments:

Post a Comment

© British Theory 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis